Driving Distance from Major US Cities (In Miles)
Chicago 825
Des Moines 700
Duluth 300
Indianapolis 1042
International falls 150
Kansas City 900
Madison 700
Milwaukee 700
Minneapolis 450
St. Louis 1050

From International Falls/Fort Frances Border to Sioux Lookout. First piece of advice is to gas up as you are looking at a 2 hour drive with only lakes, rock and trees - no gas stations. Take highway 11 East to reach Highway 502 North and travel time roughly 2 hours. First stop is Highway 594 and turn right - go through Dryden until you reach Highway 17 East (referred to as the Queen’s Highway). At Dinorwic (roughly 20 minute drive) turn left onto Highway 72 and drive until you see the Country Camping Billboard at Fred and Dee’s corner. This is Highway 664 where you turn left. Travel three miles until you see the second Country Camping Billboard. Turn left onto Country Camping road. Well Done and WELCOME!!!!!!

Country Cabins Map here

Visitor Information

Licenses and Outdoors Card:

OR: Simply stop at a local gas station or tackle shop in either Fort Frances or Dryden to purchase your licence.

Ontario Fishing Regulations:
Border Time Waits:
Local Weather:

Border Crossing Information

To assist you with your fishing vacation plans, we are pleased to provide these details regarding crossing the border

1) Be sure to have a valid driver's license, vehicle registrations and insurance forms.

2) When being interviewed by a Customs Officer, be sure to declare ALL goods you are bringing into Canada. If you are traveling with your own children and you are accompanied by your spouse, ensure you bring their birth certificates. If you are traveling with a child other than your own or without your spouse, have the child's identification as well as a letter of permission, including name and contact information for that child's parents or from your spouse in case Customs Officers want to verify you have permission to bring the child into Canada.

2) Alcohol: If you meet the age requirements of the province or territory where you enter Canada (19 years old in Ontario), you are allowed to bring in, free of duty and taxes, either 1.5 litres of wine, or 1.14 litres (40 oz.) of liquor, or 24×355 millilitres (12 oz) cans or bottles of beer or ale.

4) Tobacco: If you meet the age requirements of the province or territory where you enter Canada (19 years old in Ontario), you are allowed to bring the following amounts of tobacco without paying duty: up to 200 cigarettes, 50 cigars, 200 grams (7 oz.) of manufactured tobacco and 200 tobacco sticks. You may bring in additional quantities, but you must pay duties and taxes on the excess amount.

5) You cannot bring certain foods or goods into Ontario including: Live bait such as minnows or leeches, stun guns, mace, handguns or restricted weapons such as fully automatic firearms, potatoes, dog food, firewood or radar detectors.

6) Visit Canadian Food Inspection Agency for regulations regarding allowable food products updates.

7) Visit the Customs Border Services website for additional information prior to your departure.

8) If you are bringing fish or game home, it is important to follow the Ontario regulations closely. Keep your fishing or Hunting Licence, Tags, Outdoor Cards, or any Permits on you and available for Customs to check. Wrap game to specifications. Wrap one fish per package, and pack only the number of legal fish per person in the vehicle. If you are with a large group and have more than 1 vehicle, you need to transport the limits in the said vehicle for the number of people in that vehicle.

Copyright © Country Cabins
Country Cabins, 698 Drayton Road
Sioux Lookout, Ont. P8T 0A7
1 -807 -737 -1356 Toll Free: 1- 844- 895- FISH (3474)